Moroka Swallows midfielder Lucas Sebona has rubbished reports in a leading local soccer publication which claims he wants to leave the club.
According to the latest edition of Kickoff magazine, Sebona is bitter about being confined to the bench in recent matches and wants a transfer away from the club.
Speaking to SASoccer365.com on Tuesday, the 28-year-old Sebona admitted to talking to a journalist from Kickoff but said his words had been misinterpreted.
"I spoke to Kickoff about not playing as many games as I wanted and then the reporter writes that I want to leave the club. That is irresponsible and nonsense," said the speedy midfielder.
"Every player wants to play for his team but soccer is not about individuals, its about team work and if the coach decides to play any player, it is up to him because he is the one who knows what the team wants"
Sebona, who has been in great form for the Dube Birds this season and has scored five goals, said that his contract ends in June 2005 and that he plans to honour it.
"Swallows management have been good to me since I joined them, he said I don't know any other team that treats its players like they do at Swallows and I would be mad if I said I wanted to leave now."
He admitted he had heard rumours linking him to Sundowns but said nothing had been relayed to him.
Our coach Gavin Hunt is a very honorable guy and I am very sure he would not sell me without speaking to me first, said Sebona.