New Sundowns coach Paul Dolezar has poured cold water on rumours linking the fallen Castle Premiership giants to Thabang Lebese and Pollen Ndlanya but admitted that he was after Kaizer Chiefs midfielder Jabu Mendu.
Lebese, who is contracted to minnows Silver Stars, has allegedly been training with 'Downs in the hope of winning a contract with former league champions while Ndlanya, who has been inactive for over two seasons, has been touted as a solution to the club's goal scoring woes.
Speaking on Metro FM on Monday, Dolezar dismissed the club's links to Lebese claiming the former Chiefs and Pirates star was "finished" while no coach in his "right mind" would sign a player who had not played competitively in years (Ndlanya).
Regarding Chiefs want-away midfielder Mendu, Dolezar said the player fitted the profile of who he is looking to bring to Chloorkop but that much negotiation between Chiefs and Sundowns management was needed before a deal could be done.
Late last week Amakhosi chairman Kaizer Motaung said the club did not want to sell Mendu despite the player being unhappy at being constantly on the bench.
"As for reports that Jabulani Mendu will be released, they all have no foundation. It is pure madness," Motaung wrote in his weekly column for Chiefs official web site.