The Semi-Final draw for this season's exciting Absa Cup is taking place in Cape Town, outside in Thibalt Square, on Monday April 26.
The teams left in the lucrative competition are defending champions Santos, last season's finalists Ajax Cape Town, as well as Moroka Swallows and Manning Rangers.
12h20: Guest/media arrive at Thibalt Square for draw.
12h20-12h30: Guests/media to proceed to seating area - where media will receive their press packs.
12h30: Presentation commences
MC (Lunga Williams) to announce what the occasion, why it is being done in Cape Town and outside in Thibalt Square, and welcome the guests:
- Prof. Ronnie Schloss - PSL
- Sizwe Nzimande - Marketing Manager: Sponsorship & Events
- Absa & PSL Guests
- Team representatives
- Members of the public
MC to request Dan Leboa of the PSL and 2 pre-determined members of the media to come to the table at the front and audit and insert names into draw balls
MC to introduce and call up the speakers (as below)
Speaker #1: Prof. Ronnie Schloss
Speaker #2: Sizwe Nzimande
MC to talk about the successes and excitement of the 3rd round (1 minute), and then to announce the draw for the Semi-Final.
- MC to call RS and SN back to stage for the draw.
- MC to request 2 members of the public to assist with the draw (Octagon to bring 2 people to the stage area)
- The draw will be on a Home and Away basis, the public assistants will choose the balls and hand them to SN and RS respectively, to announce.
- Team name announcements will be made twice and simultaneously placed on the draw board (there will be no screen due to the light exposure)
- MC, Lunga Williams to briefly chat about the draw
- Lunga to ask team reps onto stage to talk about their draw
- Competition - display Absa bank card, 2 people to be selected to come to stage. MC to ask 1 Absa Cup question. The 1st correct answer wins the question.
MC - Conclusion, thank guests for attending, advise accredited media guests that team draw sheets will be made available at the media informal lunch at Absa Adderly Street, and parking vouchers to be stamped at the lunch.