Home | SA Soccer News | Swallows News | Chat Forum | Chat Forum Help |
|

Today on MorokaSwallows:

     Home
     Swallows News
    SA Soccer News

    Chat Forum
     Previews/Reports
     Fixtures & Results
     PSL Standings
     Players
     Ladies League
     Columns
     Juniors
     Supporters Club
     Club Information
     Screensavers
     Wallpapers
     Social Responsibility
     Contact us
SA SOCCER NEWS
Now Dempsey thinks we're ready 18/05/04
Four years ago New Zealand's Charles Dempsey broke the hearts of millions of South Africans after his decision not to vote cost the country the chance to host the 2006 World Cup.

He was expected by his confederation to vote for South Africa, but at the last moment he decided to abstain, causing the decision to go Germany's way - by one vote.

This action saw the 83-year-old being widely condemned and he ending up resigning from his post as the head of Oceania region just after the 2006 announcement had been made.

He was not around to spoil South Africa's plans this time around, but says that he thinks the country is ready to host the event now, hinting that it was not ready four years ago.

"They would be better prepared now," he said.

"A lot of people didn't think they would have been ready for the 2006 tournament. I have sent my congratulations to the South Africans and I've no doubt it will be a wonderful tournament."

 

TOP STORIES
Students draw with People's Team

Pule keeping himself in shape

Cosmos Aim To End Season On A High

Santos motivated by new ruling

Winstanley delighted by call-up

Cash boost for Bafana ahead of qualifier

SA out of Nations Cup bid

Ajax to face Greeks on Sunday

League is ultimate honour - Moshoeu

Josephs gets chance to impress Baxter

This weekend's First Division results

Motsepe set for big spending spree

Baloyi uncertain over future

Khoza slams 2010 committee speculation

Radebe to coach at Leeds academy



Home | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy | Copyright | Images supplied by Touchline Photo| Designed by 365