South African football will once again be featuring at another Soccerex event, this time not in Dubai but at the sister event in London's Institute of Directors on April 20th.
SASoccer365's London-based correspondent, Thapelo Moloantoa of Shibobo Football, has all the details...
The country's participation at this renowened international event follows shortly on the recent seminar held at Berckibick College, University of London entitled 'The Premier Soccer League, The Growth of South African football and the SA 2010 World Cup' addressed by Mr Trevor Philips (CEO of the PSL).
The event provides the international and South African football industry with a good platform from which to make links with one another for the development of different aspects of the game.
Being the biggest event of the business of football, Soccerex is the forum for decision makers in the game.
The event is attended by:
· Broadcasters and new media companies
· Perimeter advertising agencies, web developers, customer relations managers, stadium designers, playing pitch manufacturers, and sports academies
· Consultancies, production companies, distributors, mobile operators, TV networks
· Senior executives from FIFA and FA's all over the world, amongst others.
There will be 3 Panels addressing issues in:
Brands and Sponsorship
The Future of TV rights
Commercial issues for Clubs.
Confirmed participants include:
The PSL, Kaizer Chiefs, the SA Football Association, FIFA, Vodafone, Siemens, Adidas, Arsenal, Chelsea FC, ESPN Star Sports, The FA Premier League, Locomotiv Moscow FC, Canal +, BSkyB, Asian Games, Al Hilal FC, Fox Sports, Barclays, Sportfive, FWM, Hamburger SV, ESPN, Boca Juniors, Philips, UAE FA, Al Ahil FC, IFM, PA News, Empics, Galatasaray Istanbul, Panathinaikos FC, AC Milan, BBC, ITV, Sky Italia, BT, Bloomberg, EBU, The FA, Octagon, TWI, Deloitte, Reebok, T-Mobile, TNS Sport, Glasgow Celtic, Inter Milan, Coca-Cola, Umbro, Havas Sport, Nigerian FA, EBU, ESPN, London 2012, The Football League, Dubai Sports Channel and Dubai Sports City.
South Africas participation history at Soccerex: Brief Overview
The April 20 2005 Soccerex London forum will be the eight time that South Africa is represented at Soccerex, i.e. inclusive of all seven occasions at the traditional Soccer Dubai and the ones in Cannes, France. South African contingents to Soccerex have included:
Football Authorities: SAFA/ 2010 Local Organising Committee
- This is the second time that the country attends as WC 2010 hosts
- Government: The Department of Sport and Welfare
- The Premier Soccer League (PSL)
- CEO Trevor Philips hosted the well received Gateway to South Africa Conference at the 2004 Dubai Soccerex (in conjunction with Vuyo Mbembe - SABC Sport and Danny Jordan SAFA)
- SA Broadcasting Corporation (SABC Sport )
- Clubs: Kaizer Chiefs (the only South African club to participate in every Soccerex) They made valuable links with Arsenal FC at last year's event.
- Media: Kickoff magazine
- PR and Marketing
- Worldwide Sport Advertising and Marketing
For more info visit:
By Thapelo Moloantoa for Full Circle Sport.