Speaking after receiving the car from VW SA's Marketing Communications Manager Ryan Searle, Leal said it was always his dream to drive a Tiguan.
"I loved this car from the first time I saw it," Leal told the official Swallows website.
He added: "My first car was a sky blue beetle in the 1960s with the registration bi7010. I was still a student then.
"With this car, I will be mobile and I will be able to go other PSL games, youth tournaments or scouting."
Meanwhile, Searle said he was hopeful that the car will be a good omen for the MTN8 tournament
"The car has satellite navigation, so the coach will be able to find his way easily past the other teams in the competition," joked Searle.
Info on the Tiguan range
- Was launched in SA this year
- Has new TSI engine technology which increases output and make the car more fuel efficient.
- The FSI technology from Volkswagen AG, which was first developed for the racetrack, enables better performance and a higher torque whilst simultaneously keeping fuel consumption low and reducing emissions.
The Tiguan is available in 10 derivatives, each just as exhilarating as the next.
The Tiguan range includes:
- 1.4 TSI Trend & Fun (4x2) Manual*
- 1.4 TSI Trend & Fun (4x4) Manual
- 1.4 TSI Track & Field Manual
- 2.0 TDI Track & Field (Manual & Tiptronic)
- 2.0 TDI Sport & Style (Manual & Tiptronic)
- 2.0 TSI Track & Field (Manual & Tiptronic)**
- 2.0 TSI Sport & Style (Manual & Tiptronic)**
For additional information log on to www.vw.co.za